This course is scheduled for Thursday, November 10, 2022. Four session times are available, with up to 4 people per session: S1 8:00-10:00am, S2 10:00am-12:00pm, S3 12:30-2:30pm, S4 2:30-4:30pm.
12 seats are available for non-City of Reno attendees.
Train your snowfighters to be safe, efficient and prepared before it snows! L3Harris’s simulator will be visiting and is available for 2-hour sessions using state-of-the-art technology. Topics include:
- Understanding the definition of Decision Based Driving.
- Familiarization with the driving simulator.
- Understanding what affects our decision making process.
- The positive effects of good decision making, along with Crash Statistics.
- Understanding the acronym SMART as a basis for Decision Based Driving.
- Improving hazard awareness levels by using proper scanning/searching techniques while plowing the road.
- Identifying and properly assessing hazards.
- Understanding the effects of changing vehicle dynamics while plowing safely.
- Understanding proactive vs. reactive driving.
- Utilizing alternate driving strategies (Speed/Space management).
- Expecting the unexpected: possible white outs.
- Completing the computer based training covering Safe Plowing.
- Demonstrating competency in decision driving by successfully showing improvements with the PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER final drive.
Continue with the enrollment button below. We will respond and ask you which time period you prefer to attend. If you do not receive an email confirmation after enrolling, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the class and date for which you are trying to enroll.
Registering multiple people? Contact Tracey at email@example.com with the names and email addresses.