This course is currently not scheduled. Stay tuned for future sessions.
This workshop introduces essential components of the construction management process. By applying the information learned in the workshop, you can improve how you manage project risks, communications, delivery, and scheduling.
By the end the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Compare common project delivery methods.
- Describe the relationships among owner, contractor, and engineer on public works construction projects.
- Describe common types of contract-required documentation.
- Explain the importance of communication with a contractor and stakeholders.
- Identify methods for selecting a construction contractor.
- Describe the function of a quality assurance program.
Who Should Attend
Anyone managing public works construction projects who needs to develop construction management skills or wants to improve specific aspects of their project management approach. This may include:
- Construction Inspectors.
- Engineering Consultants.
- American Public Works Association Members.
Introduction to Construction Management is an elective of the Road Scholar Program.
Greg Duncan is a Senior Engineer at Applied Pavement Technology, Inc., with more than 30 years of pavement materials, construction, and roadway maintenance engineering experience. He is a certified National Highway Institute (NHI) instructor and regularly teaches NHI’s “Maintenance Leadership Academy” and “Constructing and Inspecting Asphalt Paving Projects” courses. Greg regularly works on national and state projects dealing with preventive maintenance treatments.
Continue with the enrollment button below. If you do not receive an email confirmation after enrolling, please email [email protected] and specify the class and date for which you are trying to enroll.
Registering multiple people? Contact Tracey at [email protected] with the names and email addresses.
Also, to ensure you receive timely email confirmations and reminders, please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Learn how to add to safe sender in Outlook and Gmail.