This course is not currently scheduled (8:00 am – 3:00 pm). Check back for future sessions.
Routine maintenance and safety play an important role in both equipment performance and roadway safety. Maintaining equipment in a proper and timely manner is a foundational cornerstone of transportation, construction, and public works agencies. In an effort to assist agencies in meeting their safety and performance goals.
This 6-hour Equipment Safety and Maintenance training provides introductory maintenance practices, safety checklists, and daily safety procedures and methods to assist operators and supervisors in meeting their agencies’ safety and performance goals. Establish a culture of safety at your agency and worksites—register now!
After completing this training, you’ll be able to:
- Define Safety Culture and list the 5 components of safety culture.
- Identify operator responsibilities, appropriate job equipment, potential hazards, and appropriate mitigation to safety risks.
- Describe the importance of equipment maintenance and its role in safety.
- Be able to determine manufacture recommendations and organizational guidelines.
- Illustrate how to properly use checklists and conduct equipment inspections.
Who Should Attend
This course was designed for State, regional, county, city and tribal personnel who manage and/or operate transportation, construction, and public works programs that deal with safety, equipment maintenance, and fleet management. Participants should have basic knowledge of heavy equipment types, uses, parts, and functions.
Michael Kees is an instructor for the Nevada Office of Public Safety and is a National Child Passenger Safety Technician Instructor for the Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority. He retired from the Washoe County School District as a Fleet Maintenance Technician after 30 years and has 18 years of experience as a forklift, boom lift, and scissor lift instructor.
Continue with the enrollment button below. If you do not receive an email confirmation after enrolling, please email [email protected] and mention the class and date for which you are trying to enroll.
Registering multiple people? Contact Tracey at [email protected] with the names and email addresses.
- Enrollment in this course is closed.