This course is not currently scheduled. Stay tuned for future sessions.
Choosing the proper surface treatment can add life to your pavements and make the best use of your agency’s pavement preservation budget. This free 2-hour web conference introduces thin surface treatments, including slurry seals, microsurfacing, and chip seals.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Describe the types of distresses best addressed by each treatment.
- Describe recommended materials and mixtures for each treatment.
- Describe recommended construction procedures for each treatment.
- State typical performance concerns for each treatment.
Who Should Attend
This training is intended for:
- Personnel who select pavement preservation treatment strategies to be used on road networks.
- Personnel who may specify or inspect the work.
- Managers who justify the use of treatments to stakeholders.
Greg Duncan is a Senior Engineer at Applied Pavement Technology, Inc., with more than 30 years of pavement materials, construction, and roadway maintenance engineering experience. He is a certified National Highway Institute (NHI) instructor and regularly teaches NHI’s “Maintenance Leadership Academy” and “Constructing and Inspecting Asphalt Paving Projects” courses. Greg regularly works on national and state projects dealing with preventive maintenance treatments.
Continue with the enrollment button below. If you do not receive an email confirmation after enrolling, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the class and date you are trying to enroll in.
Registering multiple people? Contact Tracey at email@example.com with the names and email addresses.