This course is scheduled for November 8, 2023 (8:00–12:00 PT).
3 seats available.
This 4-hour workshop shows you how to prepare mentally and physically if you become stranded in a life-threatening winter storm. You will learn what attitude and equipment are needed to survive the cold. You will also find out how to recognize the symptoms of hypothermia and how to treat them.
- A brief history of winter survival events
- Preparing yourself mentally and physically
- Signs and symptoms of hypothermia
- Proper attire for the season
- Survival kits
- Survival tips and tricks
- In a vehicle
Who Should Attend
- Snowplow Operators
- Transportation workers, or anyone else who may be at risk of becoming trapped in bad weather or who may need to offer emergency treatment to stranded motorists
Scott Alquist is a 34 year safety professional specializing in construction safety, general industry safety and hazardous materials. Scott has completed the National Highway Institute “Train the Trainer” program and is an Occupational Safety and Health Administration authorized instructor. Currently, he is the Program Manager for Truckee Meadows Community College’s Safety Center.